The BARAZA is a Swahili word meaning to convene or to bring together a conference of great social importance aligned to the governance and well being of the society or the village, there are Small and Big Barazas.
The Big Baraza is the first virtual SME conversation, for SME’s by SME’s Happening May 25th & 26th 2021, we're looking to amplify further the voice of SMEs to enhance engagement with public and private sector actors across Africa.
The event will provide a platform to educate and inspire SMEs through informative conversations about financing, trade, policy and scale.
We invite you to meet other SME’s, talk and ask your questions directly to regulators like KRA and others, market your business to over 1000 participants and meet business in different regions all virtually.
The Genius of the Baraza allows continuity and transfer of ancient traditions and wisdom as well as the development of new and innovative ideas.
The Baraza is also a great tool through which the village formula of guiding those seeking to learn is put to practice.
The Big Baraza will amplify further the voice of SMEs to enhance engagement with public and private sector actors across Africa. The event will provide a platform to educate and inspire SMEs through informative conversations about financing, trade, policy and scale. More specifically the event seeks to:
- Convene SMEs and SME enablers in one collaborative, virtual space
- Showcase the influence of good leadership in economic development
- Create more awareness of the Kenya African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) team, its mandate and opportunities it is championing
- Understand current private sector contributions and upcoming opportunities for contributions to ensure inclusion of SMEs in the AfCFTA implementation
- Share key data sets from information received from SMEs in the last year
We are inviting all SMEs and all SME enablers to experience the Village Formula - our tried and tested successful intervention for SMEs across Africa. We want to share our experiences and learn from yours. We will celebrate wins, address challenges and embrace opportunities.
The Big Baraza will provide an opportunity to co-curate conversations and interventions collaboratively amongst SMEs, government agencies, private sector alliances, funding organizations and trade agencies.