Brand new Amazon.com buyer account locked

After opening a new Amazon.com account and applying $50 of genuine physical gift cards and placing an order the account was immediately put on temporary hold. They asked me to provide proof of purchase for the gift cards which I did, i attached picture of the receipts for gift cards. They then sent me an email saying "We have reviewed the information you provided but we were unable to verify your visa payment based on your response". Why do they even want that if I paid with gift cards and showed proof of purchase? Anyone else encountered this with a new account? This is the screen i get when i try to login now...

3l1RHz1.png

Jed

Feb 16, 2009
UK
Gift cards are frequently used for fraudulent purposes so it makes perfect sense that a brand new account immediately loaded with gift cards would raise suspicions.

Jed

Feb 16, 2009
UK
We not allowed images or links on this forum ?
Brand new users are prevented from posting links as a lot of spam/malicious links are posted by newly created spam accounts. The same as with Amazon, brand new accounts are under a lot more scrutiny until they have some real activity to best judge them. This is the same for all services.

Here's the link for you: https://i.imgur.com/3l1RHz1.png