Directory of Courier Networks

To add to Saajan's very useful Shipping Courier's thread, I thought I would create a thread with links to all the main courier networks, as in my opinion it works out much cheaper for one off/infrequent shipments than going direct unless you are shipping large volumes.

Sending heavy items out via Royal Mail can become very expensive – courier networks can provide a low cost alternative that could save you a small fortune. Courier Networks offer a low cost, hassle free door to door service that can be arranged in just a few clicks. Here are some of the most popular courier networks (in no particular order) that are used by both SME’s and eBay traders alike.

Parcel2Go

Parcel2Go is a global courier company offering cheap shipping services across the UK and internationally. Working with some of the world’s largest couriers including Yodel, FedEx and Parcelforce, Parcel2Go can deliver your parcel to 240 countries worldwide.

Collect +

Over 4,500 local corner shops offer Collect+ parcel services from early ‘til late and 7 days a week, using the PayPoint machines that process over 10m bill payments a day. Collect+ services are often much cheaper than traditional door to door courier services.

MyHermes

MyHermes is owned by Hermes UK who operates their own delivery network delivering over 100 million parcels each year on behalf of some of the UK’s largest online retailers. Ordering is simple and door to door collection can be completed on-line.

Parcel Monkey
Book UK and International parcel delivery services through City Link, Parcelforce and DHL from only £4.85 with free collection and free loss/damage cover.

Parcel Checker

Parcel Checker provides a comparison service for parcel delivery services in the UK and is designed to help save you time and money. Simply enter your requirements into the parcel delivery service comparison tool and allow parcel checker to help identify which courier companies can provide the right service for you.

Parcels Please

Get a competitive online quote for parcel delivery to the UK, Europe or Worldwide. ParcelsPlease offers some of the web’s most competitive quotes for Next Day timed UK Parcel Delivery. Whatever you want to send, where ever you want to send it to, ParcelsPlease is the UK Parcel Service for you. Other services include a fantastic European delivery service for sending parcels to France and other countries in mainland Europe.

CollectMyParcel.com

Instantly compare prices and get Quotes with a number of carriers. With prices starting from only £6.99 (+ VAT) including £50 cover. Book and pay On-line. It’s really easy to get a price and it’s instant.

Pay Per Parcel

Cheap UK and International courier and parcel delivery services, instant quote and online booking and seamless integration to eBay.

P4D

P4D offers UK & international parcel delivery at discounted prices for small-medium sized businesses and individuals.

Links to individual couriers can be found here:

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/threads/shipping-couriers.5626/

I think they are limiting the amount of sticky's but I am sure that it will be easy enough to find using the search function if anyone needs it.

May 30, 2005
Craig, you may think about adding http://sendfromchina.com

Certainly not for UK deliveries, but folks here are often asking about how to get goods from China.

Will do Pete, cheers.

If anyone else has any more feel free to post them in this thread and I will update the original post.

Brilliant idea :)

May 22, 2008
UK
Transglobal Express

http://www.transglobal.org.uk/

For sending parcels overseas from the UK. I've just discovered these following a post on another forum. I have booked a delivery to New Zealand and it was the cheapest by a fair amount. My parcel is going by UPS but they also offer DHL, TG International and TNT.

if you could also put in the link to saajans thread on here that would be great

if you could also put in the link to saajans thread on here that would be great

There is also a link to Saajans thread on the first post - (it's right at the bottom)