• The Supplier Central is now part of Business Data Group

I’m pleased to let you know that this website has now become part of the BDG family and will be brought together with our existing UK business community under the banner of UK Business Forums. You can read the full release here

Whilst my colleagues and I are working through the technicalities of bringing the two communities together we have suspended new registrations to this site and I’d encourage you to register on UK Business Forums

I look forward to getting to know you and your business,

Richard ‘Ozzy’ Osborne
    Founder of UK Business Forums

Facebook Food Order Services - Fingers In The Pie

In an era where virtually every aspect of your life can be managed and viewed from a device the size of your hand, Facebook continues to evolve with its most recent addition – a food ordering service.

We all know that Facebook recently stretched out into the ecommerce sector by adding the ‘Marketplace’ option and also promoting buying and selling groups/pages, but now it has cleverly stretched out into the takeaway food market too.

Facebook today released this statement:

“Today, we’re taking the time out of finding what you want to eat by officially launching the ability to order food for pick-up or delivery, directly on Facebook. People already go to Facebook to figure out what to eat by reading about nearby restaurants, and seeing what their friends say about them. So, we’re making it even easier.”

Although only currently available in the US, this is going to be an additional service which is integrated into their app and will allow users to order from takeaway search engines such as ‘EatStreet’ and ‘Chownow’, and also from local restaurants such as TGI Friday’s and Papa John’s.

Facebook is not getting a fee from restaurants etc for including this service, so it will not mean higher prices for food providers or customers. Instead the social media giant will be benefiting from increased usage of their app.

In terms of engagement this is a clever ploy as it will mean more traffic and extended use of their app resulting in higher revenue. The need for food providers to invest in their Facebook and social media advertising will also increase, boosting advertising revenue for the giant.

But how will this affect existing takeaway food booking websites such as ‘Hungry House’ and ‘Just Eat’? Will this new development steer traffic away from their websites and even make them redundant?

‘Ordering food for takeout or delivery is supposed to be simple. That’s the point. But somehow it’s gotten complicated. First you need to decide what to eat, then you have to sift through a bunch of options and services.’ (Facebook statement)

In this age of convenience and need for speed, will companies that are not linked to Facebook’s app miss out?

Or is this a fantastic idea that will boost sales all round?

Whatever the outcome, it’s win win for Facebook who seems to have it’s fingers in all the pies – perhaps even literally...

May 26, 2021
When I used to work as an assistant administrator, I had a lot of free time and often cooked meals at home. I tried many different recipes on the Internet.

May 26, 2021
When I used to work as an assistant administrator, I had a lot of free time and often cooked meals at home. I tried many different recipes on the Internet.

But now I've been promoted, which has given me many more responsibilities. I did not have enough time, so I decided to subscribe for meal delivery. After reading the information here https://www.moneyunder30.com/meal-delivery-comparison, I chose a reliable company that has been in the field for a long time. Now I am eating much better.