Free eBay Fees & Profit Calculator. TSC Exclusive!

Oct 19, 2008
Guernsey, U.K
Well, I've been meaning to do this for a while and have finally got round to it!

A basic version of this was posted a couple of years ago by another member, however, I have just updated it to eBay & Paypal's current fee's as of 11/09/12.
I've also improved the formula language from the original, included some extra calculations, and added Colour-coordinated (& colour changing) boxes which should be helpful for some users.

The spreadsheet is super easy to use and calculates the following:

+ Per Unit Profit (inclusive of all current eBay & PayPal fees)
+ Total Profit (inclusive of all current eBay & PayPal fees)
+ Markup (%)
+ Net Profit (%)

in the Technology category of eBay Business Sellers which includes:

Computing
Consumer electronics
Photography
Mobile & home phones
Video games, excluding games

This DOESN'T account for extra features in listings (eg/featured first) which are optional and is for business sellers only. If you want to find out profit inclusive of extra "optional" fees such as Featured First, just add the total extra to the "Insertion Fee" section and everything else should fall into place as per normal. Just remember to change it back afterwards!

Feel free to leave a comment on what you think and give me a "Like" if you find it useful. I've personally been using it for the past 8 months!

Attachments

• Ebay fees + Profit Revised Jan 29 12.xlsx
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,191
  • Ebay fees + Profit Revised Sep 11 12.xlsx
    13.5 KB · Views: 682
Mar 20, 2009
Glasgow
Very nice
Thank you bud :)

Reactions: Dorey
Aug 30, 2011
ireland
thanks

Aug 14, 2010
England
Nice one Dorey, I will add it to the TSC guide thread :)

Oct 19, 2008
Guernsey, U.K
How are people finding it? Would like to improve it with any suggestions....

Reactions: Nimrod
Jan 9, 2012
Excellent Dorey - many thanks

just toying with the spreadsheet and noticed that if I input "carriage" on an item in the "Per Unit Sales" column (as in - postage cost out to the customer?) its actually adding it onto the final profit to the seller.

wouldn't it be > columns for .. 'actual postage cost' and 'postage charged at point of sale' (I guess this depends on if post is absorbed in item price or charged separate?) - then any remainder (be it plus or minus) is then factored into the final profit on each item.

(granted we shouldn't be making a "profit" on postage but you get my drift) I guess postage charged to customer and postage paid by seller to ship "should" neutral each other out really....

sorry if I have misread the xls and am being a numpty.....(the last thing I want to do is come across as pedantic) :eek: got my coat at the ready LOL

many thanx
Nimrod

Oct 19, 2008
Guernsey, U.K
Yes - postage charged to the consumer and actual postage SHOULD equal each other in an ideal world, but in reality it often does not (for example, I charge £4.99 for Special Delivery when actually it costs £5.50).
just toying with the spreadsheet and noticed that if I input "carriage" on an item in the "Per Unit Sales" column (as in - postage cost out to the customer?) its actually adding it as a profit.

Yep - this is correct. The "Per Unit Sales" column is for the sales costs to the consumer - Ie/ the prices you are charging to the consumer for the product & the price you are charging to the consumer for P&P (hence why it adds to the profit column (as you (the seller) is getting MORE money in from the customer)).

The "Per unit Cost" column is the cost of P&P and the product to yourself (ie/the seller) and hence, will detract from profit.

Hope this helps,
Charlie.

Jan 9, 2012
gotya!

I thought the 1st column was referring to how much the item cost (outgoing cost to us the reseller plus postage to get items to us - as opposed to what we charge the buyer..thats where I was going wrong )

my bad

thanks for clarifying ;)

That is such a miniscule task :D - eBay don't often actually change their fees, probably only ever 6 months minimum, and you are emailed when it does happen :)

Good point, I haven't eBayed for quite some time :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you know how much the formula(e) needs to change for the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories category?

Cheers,
Joe.

Oct 19, 2008
Guernsey, U.K
Good point, I haven't eBayed for quite some time :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you know how much the formula(e) needs to change for the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories category?

Cheers,
Joe.

You need to change the Final Value Fee from 3% (Tech) to 12% (Clothing, Shoes and Accessories) in each price cateogry.

eg/in the final value fee section for the "Products up to £29.99" category, where the formula says =(C21/100)*3 - you change it to =(C21/100)*12.

Insertion fees stay the same, so this doesn't need changing.

Reactions: Jester
You need to change the Final Value Fee from 3% (Tech) to 12% (Clothing, Shoes and Accessories) in each price cateogry.

eg/in the final value fee section for the "Products up to £29.99" category, where the formula says =(C21/100)*3 - you change it to =(C21/100)*12.

Insertion fees stay the same, so this doesn't need changing.

Thank you sir, I shall tweak it for my uses, much appreciated :D

What an excellent tool, thanks. I have been using 'eBay Fee Calculator' but it is completely out-of-date, and is now up for sale apparently!