How do car hire companies make money?

Apr 1, 2010
England
The NHS get huge discounts on vehicles.

The profit is in the car when it is sold.

The best method to finance a car for business is a product call Business Contract Hire.

Apr 1, 2010
England
Most contracts have a limit of 40k miles per annum.

The monthly rate is set according to mileage.

If the car goes over the contracted mileage then the client has to pay xs mileage charges at an average of 9 pence per mile.

Apr 1, 2010
England
Do the business contract provide maintenance, insurance and tax as part of the deal?

Maintenance can be included, tax is included for the term of the contract.

Insurance is not included, unless you work for the NHS as there is a national deal in place for them.

What can be considered an average price for a car worth £15-20K

Apart from the monthly payments, is there an upfront and final cost for the contract?

It doesnt work like that.

I own and operate a vehicle finance company with a small car hire business bolted on the side.

There are many ways are car hire company operates and how they make there money. if you really want to know then just ask me and I will tell but bear in mind it will be like re-writing war and peace it will be alot of information

Hi,

I just found your post, and I am really interested about the topic which probably you are expert.

Could you tell me how car hire companies operates and how they make there money ?

Really appreciate if you could help me with, I am struggling to find any information in details about that.

Kind Regards

Dario