Is it possible to buy a used security system?

Dec 24, 2020
UK
Hi, guys! I am going to install a home security system. but I do not want to spend a lot of money on that. Also, I do not want any DIY option, only a professional one. As I understand, some companies install their systems during the construction stage of the building. Others, like, for example, Ajax company, can do it at any moment. Is it possible and legal to buy used products of such a company and ask the professionals to install them? As I know, they provide a customer support line. Will it work in that case?

May 20, 2021
Hi, guys! I am going to install a home security system. but I do not want to spend a lot of money on that. Also, I do not want any DIY option, only a professional one. As I understand, some companies install their systems during the construction stage of the building. Others, like, for example, Ajax company, can do it at any moment. Is it possible and legal to buy used products of such a company and ask the professionals to install them? As I know, they provide a customer support line. Will it work in that case?
I think you can, as long as its condition is good.

May 20, 2021
In addition, you can also contact some organization for the storage of keys for security.

May 17, 2021
It should be possible, as long as it's not broken, and not too old, with a low efficiency or bad quality. I never tried to install an used security system though, I always get the best and most performant security system for my house, like Vivint, because I have the most precious people there, my wife and my kids, and this is not something on which you should save money. There is nothing more precious than life and security of your beloved ones, your family, this is why security should have a big priority.

Jun 22, 2021
It should be possible, as long as it's not broken, and not too old, with a low efficiency or bad quality. I never tried to install an used security system though, I always get the best and most performant security system for my house, like Vivint, because I have the most precious people there, my wife and my kids, and this is not something on which you should save money. There is nothing more precious than life and security of your beloved ones, your family, this is why security should have a big priority.
Good system, I am using it as well.