• The Supplier Central is now part of Business Data Group

I’m pleased to let you know that this website has now become part of the BDG family and will be brought together with our existing UK business community under the banner of UK Business Forums. You can read the full release here

Whilst my colleagues and I are working through the technicalities of bringing the two communities together we have suspended new registrations to this site and I’d encourage you to register on UK Business Forums

I look forward to getting to know you and your business,

Richard ‘Ozzy’ Osborne
    Founder of UK Business Forums

Need help on Google Adwords

Jan 10, 2011
UK
Need help on Adwords

Hello all, i must start off by saying i know very little about the Google Adwords, but for the past month decided to "give it a go".
After 1 month of realising it is harder than it looks, especially when you have over 1500 products to sell, and spending a lot of money to get very little return i have decided i need some help.
Does anyone know, or does anyone here do a PPC management / setup to take the guess work out of it all for me?
I understand there would be costs involved to do this as well as the costs per day for the ads, but i do now feel i am wasting money doing it myself :( and would be better of getting someone who knows the way Adwords work and hopefully get me a better return.
I look forward to any comments you may have.
Regards
Nic.
P.S.. I was not having to use Adwords, as most of my product lines were on page one / two of Google until the Panda update in October.

Apr 24, 2007
60DBP
Nic,

Post your project on Elance.com or oDesk.com and wait for offers to come in.

* Always check feedback /reputation for PPC manager;
* Only agree to pay based on performance (sales/profit);
* NEVER agree to pay % on budget or fixed price

I would still learn basics first before outsourcing this as otherwise, you can get easily scammed.

Good Luck!

Jan 10, 2011
UK
Nic,

Post your project on Elance.com or oDesk.com and wait for offers to come in.

* Always check feedback /reputation for PPC manager;
* Only agree to pay based on performance (sales/profit);
* NEVER agree to pay % on budget or fixed price

I would still learn basics first before outsourcing this as otherwise, you can get easily scammed.

Good Luck!
Hi Andy, i understand what you mean, but i have approaced a guy from Surrey in the UK, just up the road from me, who is a GAP certified person. Basically certified by Google to their standards. He even sent me a copy of his certificate which always gets checked, updated etc every 18 months. He has not asked for any payment upfront, but i am waiting for him to telephone me to discuss the matter to hand. I will mention that i will pay upon performance etc.
Looking at his feedback, he is highly rated 5 stars (Odesk) and has a lot of very satisfied customers. Looking at his resume and portfolio, i do feel confident, and im sure i will feel even more satisfied when i have spoken to him.
I have offered a fixed price to set me up 5 ads and for the research into keywords to convert to sales that are related to my products and site.
I'm not talking big money here, but he has accepted the rate i have mentioned.
Fingers crossed :D
I will update when i know more.
Thanks for your advice Andy!
Regards
Nic.

Looking at his feedback, he is highly rated 5 stars (Odesk) and has a lot of very satisfied customers. Looking at his resume and portfolio, i do feel confident, and im sure i will feel even more satisfied when i have spoken to him.
What I would also do is (if possible) check any reference you can get / find.
Speak (again if possible) to previous customers to see what they say,
are they happy and satisfied with the work?

Gerrit :cool:

Jan 10, 2011
UK
What I would also do is (if possible) check any reference you can get / find.
Speak (again if possible) to previous customers to see what they say,
are they happy and satisfied with the work?

Gerrit :cool:
Hello Gerrit,
I did actually do this :D I emailed one of his clients, they replied within a few hours and they highly recommended him stating that they now use him on a monthly basis to keep their Adwords running to save them managing it themselves.
I have since had an email from the "PPC Manager" and he has forwarded his direct telephone number and email address, and has started working on my Adwords.
I will keep you all updated on the progress :welldone: