Stolen Classic Land Rover

May 5, 2010
N.Ireland
Hi Guys,
I saw this and thought I would post it here in case anyone see`s it in their area.

Stolen on the night of tuesday june 5th from Oxenhope, West Yorkshire was my mate’s Series 1 Land Rover. He’s owned it for more than 20 years, driven it every day in all weathers and as you can imagine, he’s devastated.

It’s a 1956, 88 Inch, series 1, with a petrol engine. Full ex-British army spec with many distinctive features including the words ‘Training Aid’ painted in yellow on the door and a faded regimental badge. Registration is XSY 647. It has a canvas roof and a bonnet-mounted spare wheel. I know I get readers on this blog who have an interest in historic vehicles. Please pass the word around before the trail gets cold. If you do see it about – this is a rare and distinctive Landy – please tell the police or get in touch with Adrian at (E-mail hidden for privacy) .

Please keep an eye out for it or help spread the word.

landy2.jpg

Aug 22, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
People who think that they can take someone else's pride and joy are scum.

Hope your mate recovers it.
+1 to that!

Reactions: SimpleEarth
May 6, 2009
UK
I'll tweet a pic for you and let you know if anyone replies.

1250+ followers should help a little.

Hi Guys,
I saw this and thought I would post it here in case anyone see`s it in their area.

Stolen on the night of tuesday june 5th from Oxenhope, West Yorkshire was my mate’s Series 1 Land Rover. He’s owned it for more than 20 years, driven it every day in all weathers and as you can imagine, he’s devastated.

It’s a 1956, 88 Inch, series 1, with a petrol engine. Full ex-British army spec with many distinctive features including the words ‘Training Aid’ painted in yellow on the door and a faded regimental badge. Registration is XSY 647. It has a canvas roof and a bonnet-mounted spare wheel. I know I get readers on this blog who have an interest in historic vehicles. Please pass the word around before the trail gets cold. If you do see it about – this is a rare and distinctive Landy – please tell the police or get in touch with Adrian at (E-mail hidden for privacy) .

Please keep an eye out for it or help spread the word.

landy2.jpg

In my other life I run LandyWatch which is a stolen landy reporting site. Post up the info and hundreds of enthusiasts will look for the he vehicle. It's completely free also.

Reactions: SimpleEarth

May 5, 2010
N.Ireland
In my other life I run LandyWatch which is a stolen landy reporting site. Post up the info and hundreds of enthusiasts will look for the he vehicle. It's completely free also.
Thanks,
I am a member of: http://www.thelandroverclub.co.uk and one of the guys said he had posted details.
I have just bought a 1992 Defender TDI 200 for some off road fun.:)
Dave

May 5, 2010
N.Ireland
Enjoy and invest in security!
I have so many locks etc it takes half an hour to unlock everything.