Announcement TSC Web Awards - Voting is Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2012
London, UK
Hello Everyone,

As with the announced TSC Web Awards, we would like to inform everyone that the nominations are now closed and the voting is now open!

20t0xee.png

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/threads/TSC-web-awards-2014.218459

Nominees (Click on their respective logos to view the websites):

Best Homepage:

Best User Experience:

Best Visual Design (As no other website has been nominated, Flippin' Sweet is now declared the automatic winner):

All nominees mentioned above are also qualified for the BEST WEBSITE and SOCIAL MEDIA BUZZ categories.

To vote, just click the vote button below and vote for your favorite websites! Please note that you may only vote once! Also, our Social Media Buzz awards voting will also take place so check out our social media pages to show your support to your favorite sites!

http://www.facebook.com/thewholesaleforums
https://twitter.com/wholesaleforums

Important!! Social Media Buzz Vote Process:

In order to make the Social Media Buzz fair, we will allow a one vote system to all users in Facebook and Twitter:

1 FB Like = 1 vote
1 FB Share = 2 votes
1 Hashtag Tweet = 1 vote

This means nominees will get a maximum 3 votes per user in Facebook, and 1 vote per user in Twitter (regardless on how many times the hashtag was used by the same user).

**All Voting processes (including Social Media Buzz voting) will end 4 January 2015

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Voted!
Woo ! I won, I won :DHollow victory with no competition but a victory none the less :p
Congratulations!

No such thing as a hollow victory, maybe others felt threatened by your design ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flippinsweet|Danny
Sep 26, 2012
London, UK
Woo ! I won, I won :D Hollow victory with no competition but a victory none the less :p
Congratulations Danny! Well, let's not move to the awarding ceremony just yet. We'll wait for the whole voting process to end and we'll make the prizes happen from there ;)

Busy week for me, working through all needed things for this event :P. I'll give out the nominees' hashtags and post links tomorrow (although you could already look-up TSC's Twitter and Facebook pages so you could already see them)

Jun 26, 2008
England
Hi Erik,

There seems to be a glitch in the voting. When you click the blue vote now button, it takes you to page 1/3 and when you click next, it will not let you go on. I selected one of the nominees on the first page thinking I have to choose one to move on and it took that as my vote?

Anyway, it appears to be impossible to get past page one to vote on another category, is there a way to change this as we want to promote it to our customers.

Thanks
Andy

Jun 26, 2008
England
Hi Erik

Also, on the TSC homepage, with the scrolling advert/menu bar near the top, when click 'cast you vote here'. That link does not seem to work either.

Regards
Andy

Sep 26, 2012
London, UK
Hey there Andy,

Yes, it's actually supposed to make you vote for each category and not just jump into one. It's meant to be made that way since the whole vote entry will not be recorded by the system if it misses one (thus, we might miss some possible vote counts). Not really sure but it could be a fault of the system that we are using but for now that's the only choice we have (and it took me some time to figure that one out so creating a new one will delay the whole process)

As for the notice you see above (the one scrolling notices above), the one you were mentioning is actually for the business feature (a separate nomination currently running), not the web awards. We'll have the notice updated today so I'll reply here once that's done.

I'll send everyone the social media voting post links and hashtags via private message. Up to you guys to share those posts to your followers to gain more votes for the Social Media Buzz award :). That too will end as soon as the whole voting process ends.

Jun 26, 2008
England
Hi Erik

Yes I understood that a vote in each category needs to be done, but after I voted on the first Category the system said I could only Vote once, not letting me continue to the next category.
This means that the whole voting process is flawed as only the first Category can get the votes, the others will get no votes.
Is everyone else seeing this problem?
Kind Regards
Karl.

Hi Erik

Yes I understood that a vote in each category needs to be done, but after I voted on the first Category the system said I could only Vote once, not letting me continue to the next category.
This means that the whole voting process is flawed as only the first Category can get the votes, the others will get no votes.
Is everyone else seeing this problem?
Kind Regards
Karl.

I was only permitted to vote in categories 1 and 2 but I presumed as there was only one entry for the third category it wasn't included.

Sep 26, 2012
London, UK
Ok, Thanks for clearing that up. I think it's because it was set to get only 1 vote per IP. I already changed that so you can vote once, then edit your votes at a later time.

Try that one out and see if you could cast your votes up to the third one. It should also redirect you to TSC once you click on "Finish Survey"

Aug 22, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
I was only permitted to vote in categories 1 and 2 but I presumed as there was only one entry for the third category it wasn't included.
It did the same for me and I assumed the same so my votes probably didn't count then, I'll do it again now...

Reactions: Erik
Sep 26, 2012
London, UK
Thanks for confirming that guys. If there's anything else that needs to be done with the voting, let me know. And don't worry, I won't peek at the results just yet!

The top post has also been updated with the rules for Social Media. All links and hashtags have been sent to the nominees to share to their followers. As of checking there is some competition going on with Risus Wholesale and WCUK in likes and shares! :D

Sep 26, 2012
London, UK
Hi Everyone. Here's an update:

As for now, the voting is closed. We are currently tallying the votes (especially on the Social Media side) so give us a day or two to polish everything, from the votes, winners, to the prizes.

We already have the winners by the way, what I can say for now is that there are close fights, and there are landslides. We'll post the winners as soon as possible!

Edit: Nevermind... We'll post the winners in a few moments. However, we are still gathering all eligible contestants for the Social Media Draw. Winners for that draw will be announced within 24 to 48 hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.