• The Supplier Central is now part of Business Data Group

I’m pleased to let you know that this website has now become part of the BDG family and will be brought together with our existing UK business community under the banner of UK Business Forums. You can read the full release here

Whilst my colleagues and I are working through the technicalities of bringing the two communities together we have suspended new registrations to this site and I’d encourage you to register on UK Business Forums

I look forward to getting to know you and your business,

Richard ‘Ozzy’ Osborne
    Founder of UK Business Forums

Jan 25, 2021
Hi there, this is my first post - It's nice to meet you all! ^_ ^

I just wanted to ask some questions about the video game wholesale market in the UK (specifically Nintendo products and distributors) and more specifically looking at what the application process involves for getting involved with some of the distributors in this sector.

This isn't a concrete plan at the moment so much as a "fact finding mission" on my part (lol) just to look at and learn about the industry and how it works, as well as it's potential viability right now in terms of realistic profits and business requirements.

The last time I looked at this kind of thing was about 10 years ago (lol) when the market was likely radically different (and extremely saturated, if I recall lol). I've come back to it now after thinking about it for a while, now with a little more money and a more mature mindset, I would hope (or curiosity, rather).

I've just essentially just started my research, and a wholesaler caught my eye while I was looking around: http://www.click-entertainment.com/trade-application-form

I came across a few lists and threads on this site that confirmed the authenticity of this "advertiser" on the site, as well as some users' experiences with them.

To tell the truth, I'm a little lost. I'm not exactly sure what the process is in order to get a hold of Nintendo's authorized distributor list, or get involved business-wise with their companies.

Does anyone have any experiences as to what the process is like in getting involved with some of these companies? The application form linked above gives a few hints as to some of the things that they look for, but I would really like to learn firsthand from people in this forum about what the application process is like, as well as the kinds of things that they look for.

Also, if possible, I would really like to learn a little more about what the typical margins are on video games, consoles and accessories at the moment across the main major brands that wholesalers stock today, as well as how much money (maybe just a ballpark figure would be fine) you would be looking at to meet a minimum order requirement from a typical distributor today.

Would anyone here have any insights to offer?

Thank you in advance for any responses =]
Ghost ^_ ^

Jan 25, 2021
Sorry, I just realized that links aren't allowed. The company I was referring to was "Click Entertainment" in Croydon - I believe that they are an "Advertiser" on this website. Does anyone here have any experiences with them, or the vetting process they use in allowing people access to their inventory?

Any replies would be much appreciated. Thank you very much ^_ ^

Jan 25, 2021
Hey, ok, so I've come back to this thread after a few days because I realized that the OWNER of this company is (or at least was lol) an actual member of this forum(!) and has actually posted on here in the past =OO

https://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/members/jakewright.20306/
https://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/threads/click-entertainment.86504/
https://www.thewholesaleforums.co.u...cessories-–-100-000-items-in-stock-now.82868/

lmao I didn't see this coming, that kind of took me by surprise I have to admit lol

This is more a question/message to moderators, would it be ok if I DMed this guy directly? I don't know whether or not that kind of thing is allowed with the advertisers, so I just wanted to double check to make sure ...

I'm still not certain of the process here, and I know that this guy hasn't technically been active for about 8 years now, so I'm not sure whether or not he'd actually reply through this site ...

Does anyone have any suggestions ...?

I'd be really grateful for any advice =]

Sep 26, 2012
London, UK
Hi There Ghost,

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. Links are not allowed as an anti spam measure and gets filtered for new members. Appreciate the report though, and I don't think this could be considered as spam :)

As for Click Entertainment, Jake has not appeared in TSC for some time now (2014), so we are unsure whether he is still part of Click Entertainment. You will not be able to send them a DM being a new user, but I will tag him here and see if he will get alerted: @jakewright

If in any case, you could try to contact him via this email:
(E-mail hidden for privacy)

They are no longer advertisers in TSC, so we can no longer vouch for their business. But maybe you could try and contact him instead.

All the best!

Reactions: Ghost182
Jan 25, 2021
Hi There Ghost,

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. Links are not allowed as an anti spam measure and gets filtered for new members. Appreciate the report though, and I don't think this could be considered as spam :)

As for Click Entertainment, Jake has not appeared in TSC for some time now (2014), so we are unsure whether he is still part of Click Entertainment. You will not be able to send them a DM being a new user, but I will tag him here and see if he will get alerted: @jakewright

If in any case, you could try to contact him via this email:
(E-mail hidden for privacy)

They are no longer advertisers in TSC, so we can no longer vouch for their business. But maybe you could try and contact him instead.

All the best!

Hey! So ... I guess I'll be playing the waiting game now ... lmao xD

Thank you very much for the reply ^_ ^

Jed

Feb 16, 2009
UK
I haven't heard Jake in relation to Click for a long time. They have quite a large team of people and it's a long standing & trusted company, used them multiple times over the years.

Jan 25, 2021
I haven't heard Jake in relation to Click for a long time. They have quite a large team of people and it's a long standing & trusted company, used them multiple times over the years.

Hey, thanks for the response, I'm sorry about the late reply, I guess that I've been trying to do some more digging over the last week (lol)

I'm a little new to contacting suppliers like this, and although I've got some financing and a decent level of experience in this market, I have to admit that I don't actually have a verified company right now, let alone VAT registration, both of which I'm sure would be very important to do business with a company like this. Looking at the official application form on their website, I'm a little intimidated in just phoning up and asking questions because it specifically asks for "previous business references", something that I really don't know if I'll be able to get easily any time soon.

Do you know what the process is like in getting involved with some of these companies? The application form on their official website gives a few hints as to some of the things that they look for, but it would be really good to hear firsthand from someone who's actually gone through their vetting process and who not only knows what their application process is like, but also knows more about the kinds of things that they might look for from any potential clients that may approach them for business.

Also, I know it might be asking a lot, but could you shed some light on roughly how much an initial minimum order requirement might be in order to get started with trading goods with them? Do you have any advice that you would give to a first time trader thinking about buying from them?

Any replies would be really helpful ^_ ^

Thank you very much in advance =]

Jed

Feb 16, 2009
UK
I think you're over complicating it personally. Just call them up or drop them an email as they have a sales team of multiple people whose job it is to onboard customers so they're not just going to tell you to F off, it's in their interest to onboard you and will tell you what they require rather than guessing.

Reactions: Ghost182
Jan 25, 2021
I think you're over complicating it personally. Just call them up or drop them an email as they have a sales team of multiple people whose job it is to onboard customers so they're not just going to tell you to F off, it's in their interest to onboard you and will tell you what they require rather than guessing.

Hey, sorry, I feel it's a compulsion on my part sometimes lol I think it's all these Xcom 2 Ironman runs I've been watching recently, they make you plan like the world is ending over breakfast ... Maybe not the best inspiration for an entrepreneur lmao

Anyway (lol) I did just that on Friday (maybe not the best day to send out a message for a quick reply ... lol)

I'm hoping for a message back during the early part of next week, if not then I'll make a follow up call ... I guess I'm playing the waiting game again ...

I'll keep my progress posted on this thread lol

Promoting new products for "distributor for integrators", as OCS usually positions itself, will be the recently formed Entertainment and Devices Division. OCS has about 1.5 thousand partners working in the retail market. These are both federal and regional store chains, online stores, and "just" retailers. Of course, it's interesting, but it seems to me that you can't make much money on it, so I'm gambling at https://wildcardcityvip.com/bonuses. Gambling people will understand my passion for this kind of earnings.