What Indian products sell best to western markets?

Apr 10, 2012
Could any of you suggest good products I can source while here in India that will sell well on ebay and such in the EU and USA?

There is such a wealth of things here that can be picked up at very cheap prices in bulk and I do not know where to start to be honest lol.

Help?

Dec 12, 2011
Uk London
Hi dean

What part of India are you in?

May 30, 2005
Dean, unless things have changed drastically, there are very few. Mostly cloth, clothing and maybe jewelry. I sold a lot of incense, incense burners and boxes, brass items and some porcelain / ceramics. But there is a big problem with Indian consumer products. They are still in the early days of their independence regarding packaging. Personally, I don't see much hope of the competing with consumer goods worldwide until they get away from corrugated plain brown boxes with metal staples everywhere you turn. Open a box, get a new cut just doesn't work elsewhere.

Same item from China at even more cost is preferred because it comes in fitted Styrofoam and a glossy consumer oriented display box. The same item from India will come in a stapled brown corrugated box with the item code in black ink on the side of the box, which is filled with shredded newspaper or other excelsior that makes a mess no matter how you handle it.

One thing I do notice in the US that comes from India is cast iron manhole covers in the streets and covers for buried water meters, etc. :)

I have been looking around a supplier who could get me salwar kameez at wholesale prices that I could trust but so far have not found one but I would be interested. I have seen that they are some good looking phones in India which cannot be bought over here as you see if the price is right and they work here then they would sell. Not sure if you can get these from India but my dad used to buy these very nice looking writing fountain pens here they would cost around £20 but from Pakistan they would cost about a £1 or £2. But like Pete said its mostly cloth/clothing

I have been looking around a supplier who could get me salwar kameez at wholesale prices that I could trust but so far have not found one but I would be interested. I have seen that they are some good looking phones in India which cannot be bought over here as you see if the price is right and they work here then they would sell. Not sure if you can get these from India but my dad used to buy these very nice looking writing fountain pens here they would cost around £20 but from Pakistan they would cost about a £1 or £2. But like Pete said its mostly cloth/clothing
bro I live in India, you can contact me on my mail & maybe we can discuss this thing

Jed

Feb 16, 2009
UK
Hi Dean, According to my knowledge, if u wanna sell in westren market try to think from their view. Many indian vintages, would not get attention and interest of westren for a long time. Say, there could be trend of indian jhumkas in wedding season's but it would vanished out as soon as the season vanish.
To find an evergreen product you should rather search for in-demand westren items and think of their indian alternative.
I might not suggest product at the moment but this approach will help you,.