Where can I find cheap Chinese suppliers?

May 9, 2012
There are a couple of threads basically about common sense in buying from china on this site, but after doing this don't be put of by the prices written down on paper and if your seriously going into business remember negotiation is usually always worth considering.Talk to the suppliers message them/phone/fax/email/skype and see how people act when money is actually in the picture the same as anything, and you will learn within the first 2 days they are in a slightly different time from to the uk :] , and whilst we are asleep early morning there day is half way done.

Aug 3, 2012
alibaba, aliexpress. you need talk to the supplier about the price.

Feb 28, 2006
New Zealand
Sourcing from Chinese suppliers for cheap depends on your buying power. The more you're willing to purchase the more you can negotiate from the position of power.

Though generally, here are a few places you can definitely check out.

Chinese Online Marketplaces

Alibaba & Aliexpress are good places to start, as they will have plenty of suppliers listed and they often show prices for their products. Once you find the right product with the desirable price range, be sure to contact the suppliers and verify. Check if they still supply the product at the said price, and most importantly check if they really are legitimate suppliers.

If you think that's too much work you can check out supplier directories where the work has already been done for you. Basically, for a nominal fee, you get access to a database of suppliers and direct contact with them so the negotiating process is much easier.

Popular supplier directories you can check out:

- SaleHoo (disclaimer: this is our site and we currently have over 8000 suppliers on board)
- Doba
- Worldwidebrands

Attend trade fairs in China

Lastly, if you're able and willing, you can always make a visit to China and attend their trade fairs. 2 of the most popular trade fairs are the Canton Fair and the East China Fair. If you're from the west and find it reluctant to travel all the way to China. The International Consumer Electronics Show is located in Las Vegas with plenty of Chinese suppliers!

We wrote a post in detail on how to go about all of the above, you can check out here.

Im thinking of going to China to visit the Canton fair. Im disappointed with the prices on sites like DHgate which seem retail prices to me. Is there anywhere else where you can source cheap Chinese suppliers? Thanks...

I can share the secrets. You want to meet me in real life? :)

You can go to Alibaba, global sources, leelinesourcing and so on.
They can help you to find what you want.

Dec 20, 2018
Hi Sisyphus,

Any particular products you are after.

I can also assist you with shipping, etc., if required. (Much cheaper to do this from the UK if using seafreight).

Good luck !

Darren.
Could you help me with kids toys, herb grinders and bongs please

Marjorie V

Banned Member
Feb 1, 2022
Im thinking of going to China to visit the Canton fair. Im disappointed with the prices on sites like DHgate which seem retail prices to me. Is there anywhere else where you can source cheap Chinese suppliers? Thanks...
Hi sisyphus,

My name is MArjorie, do you still need a supplier from China? if you are interested, you can message me on skype to help you.

💌 Skype: live:.cid.601be4ced65aeb97

Thank you🙂